Re: [Question #126700]: carbon-relay full HA setup

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Sure, if you want all data duplicated to both machines then your relay-
rules.conf should look like this:

[default]
default = true
servers = graphite01, graphite02

But then you also need to edit the [relay] section at the bottom of
carbon.conf, which should look something like this:

[relay]
LINE_RECEIVER_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2013

PICKLE_RECEIVER_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
PICKLE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2014

CACHE_SERVERS = graphite01, graphite02
MAX_QUEUE_SIZE = 10000

Notice that I changed CACHE_SERVERS and I changed the ports to 2013 and 2014 so as not to conflict with the cache listening on 2003/2004.

Finally you should just make sure that your VIP is setup to send
connections to the relay ports, not the cache ports. You should be able
to see in the relay's logs that it is receiving and relaying data.