Re: [Question #128452]: I cannot get the graphs to display more than a 24 hour period

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Hi Gabe. The storage schemas configuration only applies when metrics are
first sent to Graphite as it is used to pre-allocate the space for them.
If you sent your data, then noticed the 24-hour retention issue, then
changed the storage-schemas.conf, the wsp files themselves would not be
changed. I'd recommend deleting the files and then sending more data.
You can look at the carbon-cache/creates.log file to see what storage
schema the wsp files get created with.

In general you can resize wsp files with the whisper-resize.py script
that should come bundled with whisper. You can also verify the
configuration of the files as they are on disk with the whisper-info.py
script, but the quickest fix is probably to verify your storage-
schemas.conf and delete the wsp files.