Re: [Question #145032]: High CPU utilization on graphite server

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
Several suggestions:

1. Use iostat to watch disk usage.
2. Use sar to watch CPU utilization.
3. Use free or vmstat to check memory utilization.

This should help you determine if insufficient memory, I/O bandwidth or
CPU is causing your problems.

Another course of action is to check the carbon stats captured by
Graphite while the system is running. Do any of the values continue to
increase? This may also help you identify the issue.

-Nick