Re: [Question #145032]: High CPU utilization on graphite server

chrismd requested for more information:
Assuming your sending data to carbon at a fairly constant rate, the cpu
usage should remain constant as well. So this is a bit strange if it is
climbing gradually over time but the work load is remaining the same. 8k
metrics per minute shouldn't be overwhelming carbon, my system does
about 400k per minute. Check the /opt/graphite/storage/logs/carbon-
cache/* logs for errors or any unusual stuff. At this point I wouldn't
worry about tuning settings until we know where the bottleneck is and
why.

A few key metrics to observe under carbon.agents.* are: avgUpdateTime,
committedPoints, cache.size, and cache.queries. If you could post graphs
of those (and cpuUsage too) I can help more.

Out of curiosity, what does the webapp's work load / cpu usage look
like?