Re: [Question #146483]: Priority appears unused in storage-schemas.conf

Kindjal posted a new comment:
"A.) You're correct, priority is no longer used. The rules are tested in
order, and the first match is used. Since everything_1min_1day matches
anything, all metrics will use it."

Ok, thanks.  I guess I would suggest describing that fact in the
Quickstart Guide and other documentation.

"B) the retention is in the following format:

seconds_per_point:number_of_points_to_store

So 60 seconds = 1 minute, 1440 minutes = 1 day."

Yes that's what I thought would be true, but experimentation showed that
that retention policy was saving 24 minutes of data, not 24 hours of
data.

If I start with an empty configuration and use the 60:1440 retention
policy, then fill up the DB with sample data, it is always limited to 24
minutes.