[Question #147718]: Trying to model multiple sources at the same exact time

We are trying to recreate our internal graphing tool in Graphite as a test.   We want to recreate http://about-tagged.com/news/monitor in Graphite.  Obviously we can't do the javascript mouseover stuff yet.

The problem is we have multiple collectors.   Say for a given country AR, we will have 3 collectors that submit data to Graphite at the same timestamp.

How does Graphite deal with this?  Just take the last one?

What is the best way to deal with this?

Name the metrics like hits.country.AR.collector1, hits.country.AR.collector2, hits.country.AR.collector3?  And then do a sum function on them?    That will be pretty cumbersome to do that for all the countries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Dave