Re: [Question #148343]: Linux Packages?

Stephen Thair is still having a problem:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick response, very much appreciated :-)

Sorry to be a pain but as a linux newbie some of the discussion is over
my head so I would appreciate it if you could break it down a bit for
me...

So am I right in saying that the process would be...

install all the dependencies
    * python2.4 or greater
    * pycairo (with PNG backend support)
    * mod_python
    * django
    * python-ldap (optional - needed for ldap-based webapp authentication)
    * python-memcached (optional - needed for webapp caching, big performance boost)
    * python-sqlite2 (optional - a django-supported database module is required)
    * bitmap and bitmap-fonts required on some systems, notably Red Hat

Then there is a package for carbon-whisper (which I can install with
apt-get carbon-whisper?)

But there isn't a package for python-carbon because of this dependency
issue with txampq...

... so I would have to do the manual extraction of the tar.gz file
    tar xzvf graphite-web-0.9.6.tar.gz

... then the manual steps...

popd
popd
pushd graphite-web-0.9.6
python check-dependencies.py

...and...

python setup.py install

then the Apache config.

Does that sound about right?

Sorry for being such a newbie but after 20 years of paying the  bills by
worshipping at the altar of Gates it's a steep learning curve. But fun
:-)