Re: [Question #148343]: Linux Packages?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
That looks right, I would recommend using the latest version (0.9.7c as
of this writing) rather than 0.9.6 which is explicitly mentioned in the
install docs (we do need to update that). I don't think you can install
carbon (the backend) or whisper (the database library) via apt-get yet,
though that is in the works. There are packages for download on the main
project page along with the webapp (all of the tar.gz files are
installed by extracting with tar xzvf and then doing 'python setup.py
install' in the extracted directory). Let us know if you run into any
issues, I'm always willing to help a Linux convert :)