[Question #150825]: retention config in storage-schemas.conf

I am setting up whisper & carbon and I used this page to set up my storage-schemas.conf: http://graphite.wikidot.com/getting-your-data-into-graphite

I decided on the following schema:
[default]
priority = 100
pattern = .*
# 300 seconds for 13 months, 30 minutes for 10 years
retentions = 300:116064,1800:178560

Unfortunately it seems like the documentation is wrong.  Rather than this being the case (from: http://graphite.wikidot.com/getting-your-data-into-graphite):

"Each retention configuration is of the form seconds_per_data_point:data_points_to_store."

It appears that each retention configuration is of the form seconds_per_data_point:total_retention_time

The reason I say that is that I threw some debug code into the whisper module (0.9.7) to print out the arguments passed to the 'create' function, and I got the following arguments with the config above:

create called with: /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/servers/prod-djcore-www1/apache2/qps.wsp, [(300, 386), (1800, 99)], 0.5

Is this a bug or an issue with the documentation?