Re: [Question #154372]: Creating average for 60 second network byte counter

Matt Snow posted a new comment:
Thanks Jason. I use the nonNegativeDerivative() but i'm fairly certain
the byte counters in the Linux kernel do not roll over. there are
actually a lot of gripes about this from Solaris admins since you can
reset the network interface counters in Solaris.

I guess I didn't really think about it much as for how to get the
numbers looking how I want them.

The storage retention for my network data is
60:259200,300:103680,3600:8760. Each metric sample is collected every 60
seconds and sent to graphite. so if 1 / 60 is 0.0166 then that should be
my scale, correct?