Re: [Question #158830]: MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE discarding metrics

ziggy gave more information on the question:
Before I describe my overall problem, I'll note that in my staging
environment with MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE set to 2000, we were able to
accept 50,000 metrics in about 50 seconds.  Increasing
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE to 100,000 made graphite able to accept the same
metrics in about 1.5 seconds!  Looking at the source, I can't figure out
why that makes it receive metrics so dramatically faster.  These are all
brand new, unique metrics so we're talking a bunch of creates and no
updates here.  Any thoughts on that?