[Question #161034]: Is Graphite auto-scaling my graph?

I'm collecting load averages from one of my machines and sending it to graphite by way of StatsD (http://codeascraft.etsy.com/2011/02/15/measure-anything-measure-everything/). I can see that the numbers i'm sending are greater than 1 (example: 1.12841796875) but when graphite draws this it seems to be scaling them down. My graph never reaches the 1.00 line and most of the time is under 0.50 even though I'm watching the numbers going in and they're mostly over 1.0.