Re: [Question #160966]: How do I configure retention aggregation for carbon?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Sorry, the docs are lacking at the moment but work is underway. Whisper
actually does not offer much flexibility in this regard, it simply
averages when downsampling datapoints, which limits the utility of
downsampling at all. The new Ceres database in the 1.1 branch is much
more flexible and lets you define completely custom aggregation behavior
(you just write a simple python function in a plugin to compute the
aggregations you want) but again the docs are in progress. If you're
interested in trying the Ceres approach feel free to ask tons of
questions, it will only motivate me to get done with the docs :)