Re: [Question #164438]: Can gaphite fix timestamps more precise than 1 second?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Graphite does not support this functionality because its graph rendering
model is not designed for such frequent rendering of data. Rendering
graphs more frequently than once a second (something I assume you'd want
to do with this fine of precision of data) on the server-side would be
very inefficient. Instead I would recommend using a dedicated rendering
app if you need to update your visualization that often.

However, if you don't care about rendering the data that quickly, and if
you don't care about storing the datapoints at full precision then you
could use carbon-aggregator to compute aggregate datapoints at a rate
Graphite can support, the maximum precision is 1 datapoint per second.

This is a common point of confusion, for Graphite "realtime" graphing
means that as soon as a datapoint is sent to Graphite it is immediately
available for rendering in a graph. However, that does not mean that you
immediately see it because you general will only re-render your graphs
once every minute or whatever the interval may be. Graphite is designed
to excel with huge amounts of datapoints spread across many metrics. It
is not designed for huge amounts of datapoints in general though, ie.
1,000 datapoints per second for one metric. There is no technical reason
the backend could not support this, but because the frontend could not
support using this type of data effectively we have never changed the
behavior.