[Question #167336]: Can Cluster Servers connect on https?

I have 3 graphite servers all running on https, however when they try to connect to each other they fail (I do not see any errors in the logs though) - I know they fail because the data from the other nodes are not in the one graphite node I'm currently looking at.

I tried:

CLUSTER_SERVERS = ["ip_address:443", "ip_address:443"]

and tried:

CLUSTER_SERVERS = ["https://ip_address";, "https://ip_address";]

-- When I migrated apache on all of the graphite nodes to use 80 only, the usual config worked:

CLUSTER_SERVERS = ["ip_address", "ip_address"]

How can I make sure Graphite can connect to another node on 443?