Re: [Question #168405]: Is graphite suitable for tracking per day stats?

cbrinley proposed the following answer:
yes graphite will allow you to store metrics at custom metric intervals,
daily included.

Here is an example conf related to retention scheme

[everything_1min_1day]
priority = 100
pattern = .*
retentions = 60:1440

[pattern] is a regular expression that will match metric IDs and apply this rule to them in this case all metrics
[retentions] is in the form (seconds per data point):(number of data points to store)
so in this example we expect to store one value for our metric (example: mycompany.serverA.cpu_util) every 60 seconds. And we will store a total of 1440 data points for this metric. (aka one day of data at minute precision).

In your example the retention might look something like this:
[everything_1day_1year]
priority = 100
pattern = .*
retentions = 86400:365 #one data point per day store at that retention level for one year.