[Question #168438]: Where do I begin to configure the dashboard UI?

I am trying to learn how to setup a dashboard.  I am using graphite from the 1.1 branch.  We are not using whisper, but tyring to bolt in our own datastore.

The documentation I found for the dashboard only has '...'.  Some of the other answers I have read talk about the clicking on images to configure the dashboard, but I only have a black screen.  I also seem to get a "Configure your context above, and then select some metrics." message sometimes.  But I am not sure what that means or how to do it really.  The metric type dropdown is empty as well.

Living on the bleeding edge is exciting!

Where is a good place to start digging in to the code to make my dream come alive?