Re: Contributing a Windows port of Graphite

Ron, first off I'm terribly sorry your message sat in a queue for 2 months.
Launchpad doesn't notify me when there are mailing list messages pending
approval and I got lax in checking so sorry for that.

I think this would be really valuable to a lot of people. While I don't plan
on "officially supporting" Windows as a platform for Graphite (because I
don't have a Windows install to test against) I think it would be great if
we could make it "unofficially supported" (ie. likely to work but not
regularly tested during development). There were probably some unix syscalls
in carbon that you had to deal with in some clever way, but I imagine all
that can be abstracted away into an os-aware module. Anyways, I'd love to
take a look at your implementation. Assuming your work is based off a
release like 0.9.8 there is probably a little work needed to get it in sync
with trunk (soon to be cut as 0.9.9).

Thanks,
Chris