Contributing a Windows port of Graphite

Hello,

I just joined wikidot, and now Launchpad (I think ;) ). Anyway, I wanted to
contact you directly because we've "ported" Graphite/Carbon to a Windows
environment and have things working quite well. We did this because we
really like the Graphite project and didn't want to have to re-invent the
wheel to use the idea. I don't know if there's a ton of desire to use
Graphite in Windows (I've seen maybe 1-2 requests or questions about it),
but if you guys would like us to contribute this back to the project, we'd
love to do it.

A few caveats -- we're not Python devs; I had to learn Python to get
Graphite working (but it's pretty straightforward). We're not familiar with
the tools, libraries, installers, and all the stuff in a "Python world", so
what we've done is to get things working and easily installable. There are
lots of *nix-specific things in the Graphite/Carbon code, most of which are
easily worked around and some which have no equivalent. But the thing works
pretty well as it is in Windows and runs either stand alone under Django or
IIS with the Fast-CGI module.

If you think this is something you'd like to have contributed back, let us
know and we'll determine the best way to do it. If not, we can always just
blog it/document it and leave it at that :)

Thanks, and thanks for the great stuff that Graphite provides.

Cheers,

Ron Cordell

Follow ups