Re: [Question #169882]: Slow web performance when clustered.

chrismd proposed the following answer:
I don't use relays often, but when I do, I use dos equi... err, I mean I
run the relays on the same machines as the caches.

In the main datacenter that has two cache servers, run a relay on each
cache server. Presumably both the cache servers can talk to each other.
Also I assume the webapps on these cache servers are clustered. You
probably still want your 6 relays in the other datacenters so clients in
those datacenters can send their datapoints to a local host, but those
"routing" relays should all be sending their data to a vip in the main
datacenter, that is a single ip that belongs to a load balancer that
fronts both the "load balancing" relays on the cache servers in the
secure network of the main datacenter. These load balancing relays can
be configured to spray the datapoints between the two caches within the
secure network.