Re: [Question #170295]: how to handle high-volume data?

chrismd requested more information:
Hi Daniel, our docs are a work in progress. You can always find the
latest at http://graphite.readthedocs.org/

We do not currently have a single doc focussed on performance tuning but
I would be glad to help you out. I've worked on Graphite systems that
sustain close to a million datapoints per minute on a single machine so
I'm sure there are some simple tweaks we can make to get you better
performance. First a few questions:

1) what behavior are you seeing now that you find to be poor performance?
2) what is your performance target?
3) how are you feeding your metrics to carbon? please give as much connection-level detail as you can give here about how your clients send data