[Question #170678]: Merging whisper databases

I'm sure I could figure this out by myself, but asking mostly so it's recorded for others:

Is it possible to merge two whisper databases that don't overlap? I ask because I'm moving graphite between servers and would like to avoid the downtime, so first doing the switch then feeding the old historic data into the new database. Is it doable?