Re: [Question #171056]: Sidestepping Carbon?

Andrew Crowell gave more information on the question:
1)

I can't really specify much about our server's storage, but the stats
server listens for requests and serves back a JSON format in a response.

2)

Okay, so after some investigation the version we were using before
looking at bazaar, was graphite 1.1. And that does have
webapp/graphite/finders.py and webapp/graphite/readers.py. We certainly
didn't have to add those ourselves, but we did extend this to allow
requests to our stats server.

I noticed that webapp/graphite/storage.py in the trunk version has some
similar sort of functionality, Branch objects have a fetch method. I
don't know that it's 1-to-1 mapping to the graphite 1.1. functionality,
but it seems like I could potentially write some Branch and Leaf type
things to deal with that? Do you see any obstacles to doing this in
terms of converting the old finder/reader behaviour?

If that doesn't work, is moving events into version 1.1 on the roadmap?

I apologize for being vague, but hopefully some of this is helpful
context?