Re: [Question #171766]: Using graphite to with slash in the metric name

Matthew G is still having a problem:

Hi - thanks for your quick answer,

  actually what you suggest is fine for periods, but we would like "/"
characters in our metric names, as they represent URL paths.  If it is
not possible to use "." or "/" in the metric name then they will come
out looking quite weird, which is one of the main reasons we are trying
to move away from ganglia...

  So can we somehow escape "/" characters in metric names, or will they
always be interpreted as delimiters like "." are?

mg