Re: [Question #171766]: Using graphite to with slash in the metric name

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
These metrics are stored on disk as the name provided. It's a core part of
the current Whisper storage system.
A forward slash is an illegal filename on most systems as it represents a
directory delimiter so the short answer is no, you cannot escape the forward
slash.