[Question #171842]: Pickle with multiple datapoints for one metric broken?

I've tried various permutations of specifying multiple (time, val) tuples for a single metric in Pickle with no success. So I looked in the code, and it assumes only one is sent.

I couldn't find any change specific to this in the code, but the two or so examples in the answers seem to imply that this is possible.

Should it be?

I've tried:

[('metric', ((time, val), (time2, val2)))]
[('metric', [(time, val), (time2, val2)])]

etc.

I patched carbon/protocols.py to support this, and can submit a branch for merging if you'd like.