Re: [Question #173341]: carbon keeps creating empty whisper files

Nicholas Leskiw requested more information:
I'm not saying this is your issue, but in the last screenshot, you're
using echo -n. That will skip the trailing newline.  A trailing newline
is *required* for graphite messages.

Try

echo -e "local.testing.var 200 `date +%s`\n\n" | nc localhost 2003

( -e interprets escape characters such as \n -> newline.  Otherwise
it'll print a literal 'n' )

See what happens with creates.log and the .wsp file.

For sanity's sake try a different filesystem.  I'm running trunk r584
and can't reproduce this.