Re: [Question #173341]: carbon keeps creating empty whisper files

chrismd proposed the following answer:
I had this happen to me when I tried trunk carbon with an older
whisper.py installed. whisper.create calls can fail with the change to
how xFilesFactor and aggregationMethod are now getting passed to it, so
I would suggest doing a setup.py install --force of whisper and carbon,
both from trunk, and see if this problem still exists.