[Question #173568]: future of graphite

A similar question was asked last year but I was wondering about what was in store for the future of graphite?  Any major new features or general updates or even an updated roadmap? I really love and appreciate the effort that was gone into to creating such a flexible and scalable tool but I am afraid of committing after not having seen any dev activity in a while. Can anyone comment? Thanks.