Re: [Question #173568]: future of graphite

chrismd proposed the following answer:
The lack of visibility of the dev work is largely my fault, but rest
assured that there has been a lot of development work going on in the
past few months, really all year. I just released 0.9.9 a few days ago,
which has a ton of new stuff. You can read my hastily assembled release
notes at http://graphite.wikidot.com/. The thing is, there's actually a
lot of new functionality and improvements that are just not documented.
There are 2 reasons for the documentation shortage: 1) lots of stuff is
changing, I have avoided spending time on writing docs for things I plan
to significantly refactor in the near-term, and 2) I am very good at
procrastinating documentation writing by working on code instead. Others
have pitched in on the documentation much more than I, but there are
some things I need to bite the bullet and write up docs for because no
one else knows them. Also, getting 0.9.9 out the door was blocking a lot
of other cool stuff I've been waiting to do. Namely, merging in features
from the 1.1 branch such as the new Ceres database and refactored
storage API, and also a significant refactor of the backend
configuration model. Those two big sets of changes are largely why I've
held off on documenting things, because much of it is about to change in
the next couple weeks.

I'm aiming for a 1.0 by the end of the year, though there may be an
0.9.10 release before then to flesh out some of the bigger changes
first.