[Question #175109]: multiple carbon instances on the same server

I have multiple setups of graphite on different sites.

I am currently looking at getting graphite to process data faster on a given server. For this, I am considering starting several carbon-cache.py instances on different ports and PIDs (2003,2004,etc...)

Is it likely to work as I expect it should or do you foresee some specific shortcomings with this approach?

Cheers,
Steph