[Question #175090]: summarize, retentions & timezone

I would like to know how can I set a timezone for functions like summarize and for retentions.

Let's start with retentions.
I have the following settings:
[daily]
priority = 100
pattern = ^stats\.aggregated\.daily\.
retentions = 86400:1825

So it 1 point per day data. I have realized that the retentions work in UTC timezone, so 1 day is meant a period of time from 00:00 UTC to 00:00 UTC next day. Is it possible to set a specific timezone here to have a "different" day edges for that timezone?

As for summarize function, it is also interesting what timezone is used when I do the following:
summarize(stats.some_counter, '1d') on 1 minute data (retentions = 60:*),
and how can I change it if possible. It seems that the timezone used in this case is not a UTC timezone and not a timezone from settings.py.