Re: [Question #176255]: More performance tuning magic please

Cody Stevens gave more information on the question:
It continues to happen.  Things seemed fine after restarting the carbon-
cache daemon but I do see a few times where only a minute of data is
missing.   I noticed when I stopped the original daemon that there was
184M of swap being used.  After starting the new daemon there was no
longer any swap being used.  Now again I notice that there is 184M of
swap being used

 free
Mem:      32940092   32640872     299220          0     438888   28749776
-/+ buffers/cache:    3452208   29487884
Swap:      2096472        184    2096288

But then again a few minutes later I see no swap being used.

 free -m
Mem:         32168      31871        296          0        428      28070
-/+ buffers/cache:       3372      28795
Swap:         2047          0       2047

Looking at my system metrics for that box I never see memory going above
12G of usage and it has 32G.

Is it possible that it is occasionally swapping?  I don't know why that
would only affect the carbon-cache metrics though.