Re: [Question #178337]: Problem with 0.9.9 'tagName' is null or not an object in IE

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Hm... IE javascript problems are a bit tricky to debug. If you can have
it drop down to a debugger that would probably help. I doubt its
actually a bug in ext-all.js as the ext framework is pretty well tested
and has excellent IE support. Graphite's javascript on the other hand
doesn't get extensively tested against IE so bugs crop up from time to
time. The vast majority of IE javascript issues I've seen have been
minor syntactic things that IE doesn't like, like a trailing comma in a
list or object definition. Even when the root cause of the problem is a
syntax error in file A, it often presents itself as a cryptic error
message about something unrelated in file B. Sorry I can't help debug
much further as I don't have access to a machine with IE. If you can
find any more details from a debugger though feel free to post them
here, I'll do what I can, and others may be able to replicate.