[Question #178419]: No data appears on graphs outside of first retention bucket

Across all of my metrics, when I view graphs using a relative time span of 6 hours, I get graphs full of data. When I change that value to 12 hours, all of my graphs are blank (y axis is from 0 to 1.0). This is for all the metrics I'm collecting, which is from 5 different servers. The graphs are also blank if I do an absolute timespan greater than 6 hours.

Here are my retentions:

pattern = .*
retentions = 1s:6h,10s:12h,60s:7d,10m:3y

I take this to mean that I should have data at 1 second resolution for 6 hours, 10 second resolution for 12hours, 1 minute resolution for a week, and 10 minute resolution for 3 years. As I'm getting more and more familiar with Graphite, I'm wondering if the 1 second resolution is actually more detrimental than useful...

Data collection has been running for at least 16 hours, and I'm running graphite/carbon/whisper 0.9.9.

Here is the result of running whisper-info.py on one of my cpu metrics:

maxRetention: 94608000
xFilesFactor: 0.5
aggregationMethod: average
fileSize: 2324224