Re: [Question #178172]: OperationalError: unable to open database file

Joseph Schmoley confirmed that the question is solved:
Nicholas, thanks for your reply.  There's no user named "graphite" on my
Ubuntu 11.10 server, but I had a hunch you meant to say the Apache user
(www-data).  So I made the following changes:

sudo chown www-data:www-data /opt/graphite/storage/
sudo chown www-data:www-data /opt/graphite/storage/graphite.db
sudo chown www-data:www-data /opt/graphite/storage/index

...and now the graphite home page comes up!  Excellent!  Thanks a bunch
for everyone's help.

A follow-up question...  Should everything under /opt/graphite/storage
be owned by the Apache user?

Currently lists, log, rrd, whisper subdirs are still owned by root.
Should they be owned by Apache user as well?

Thanks.

-Jac