[Question #178745]: Target Regex Syntax

Has it been documented what regex engine is currently being used by the URL API?  Looking through the documentation I see examples of using the "*" to gather all of the metrics under a certain point.  I have a use case where I have I wanted to gather the results for a large number of keys but exclude one because I know it will skew results.  I was wondering if this was possible through the a regex to exclude the single result without having to list out all of the keys I want to include.  Something like using target=com.example.foo.* && ^com.example.foo.bar or whatever might be the regex engine being used.