Re: [Question #178419]: No data appears on graphs outside of first retention bucket

Andrew Petersen confirmed that the question is solved:
I discussed this on IRC the other day, and while I'm still working out
the ideal values, I believe the storage-aggregation.conf file was my
solution. Below is the discussion I had. Thanks mleinart!

mleinart: i mean if you have the space and the i/o bandwidth and you
determine how you want the rollup to behave (zooming out), why not i
guess

kirbysayshi: when you say, "determine the rollup", is that something
that is configured globally, or per graph through a function?

mleinart: though with collectd at 10 seconds I'd add a schema entry for
it to make it 10 seconds. if you only have 1 of every 10 data point
filled in, the default xFilesFactor (percent of data required to not
drop the point on rollup) will cause your graphs to disappear when
zoomed out

kirbysayshi: ah ha!

mleinart: this is probably the best doc on it currently:
http://readthedocs.org/docs/graphite/en/latest/config-carbon.html
#storage-aggregation-conf

kirbysayshi: I've been having a problem where passed the first retension
bucket, all my graphs were blank.

mleinart: you configure it very similar to storage-schemas.conf
mleinart: yeah you *can* set the xFilesFactor to 0 to disable dropping anything
mleinart: but you generally want to strive to have every point filled if it's at a regular interval

kirbysayshi: alright, I'll definitely take a lot at storage-aggregation.
I initially dismissed it because I'm only running one carbon-cache, and
assumed it was for multiples.

mleinart: yeah ignore the similarly named aggregation-rules.conf