Re: [Question #182873]: Which version to install and how to install it?

Mark Seger gave more information on the question:
hey, this is slick!  I just sent the following to 127.0.0.1:2003

Sending: cputotals.user 0 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.nice 0 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.sys 0 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.wait 0 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.idle 100 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.irq 0 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.soft 0 1324895671
Sending: cputotals.steal 0 1324895671
Sending: ctxint.ctx 96 1324895671
Sending: ctxint.int 1003 1324895671
Sending: ctxint.proc 0 1324895671
Sending: ctxint.runq 144 1324895671
Sending: cpuload.avg1 0 1324895671
Sending: cpuload.avg5 0 1324895671
Sending: cpuload.avg15 0 1324895671

and I can see new directories named cputotals, ctxint and cpuload under
/opt/graphite/storage/whispter which obviously correspond to the first
part of my variable name.

when I look at one of the directories, say ctxint, I see:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 316 Dec 26 05:34 ctx.wsp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 316 Dec 26 05:34 int.wsp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 316 Dec 26 05:34 proc.wsp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 316 Dec 26 05:34 runq.wsp

and the times certainly correspond to the time of writing the data, but
the file size seems to be stuck at 316.

I do see the updates.log in the carbon-cache being updated so clearly
something is happening, I just don't know what.  ;)

I guess I really need to get the webapp going to really see what's
happening  ;(

-mark