Re: [Question #182873]: Which version to install and how to install it?

Mark Seger gave more information on the question:
I think I may be making some progress.  I installed the 3 rpms, for
graphite, carbon and whisper.  I tried to configure my webserver but I
need to install mod_python for LoadModule python_module line to work and
I can't get mod_python to install because it needs apsx and try as I
might, I can't find it in a usable form.  You'd think there'd be a link
on the apache website.  sigh...

Anyhow I moved forward anyways and I think I have carbon running.  I can
run example-client.py and it tells me it did something.  I can even see
some files having their access times updated under
/opt/graphite/storage.  Is there sime simply way to verify the data is
actually getting into them?  for example some sort of data dumper?

Still pressing on, but I think while I'm waiting for a response I can at
least try sending something to carbon.

-mark