[Question #183023]: Using the web interface

sorry for all these questions, but I'm sure it all comes down to my installation.  I would have expected to just run the example client, get data stored somewhere and then be able to display something via the web-app.  The client says it's writing the data but I don't know how to verify if that's really happening or not.  Carbon is running and files have appeared under the whisper directory named for the data types.  In an early post I had asked about the schema files.

As for the webapp, since the docroot in the hpptd example is /opt/graphite/webapp, I'm looking there and the only html I see anywhere is in /opt/graphite/webapp/content/html and I can browse to that and see the help pages but I don't see anything else that might be of assistance for getting graphs, like a .py file.  I do see some js, so I treied browsing to http://192.168.1.112/content/js/cli.js but all it does is list the contents of the file.

As vinnie barbarino - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_Back,_Kotter - would say, I'm so confused...

but I also feel like I'm getting close

-mark