Re: [Question #183344]: Determine why a line is invalid

basketcase confirmed that the question is solved:
FWIW, this is what I was able to get working yesterday (or this morning?
-- nights mess up my sense of time).

#!/usr/bin/python
import fileinput
import glob
import sys
import time
import os
import platform
import subprocess
from socket import socket

CARBON_SERVER = '127.0.0.1'
CARBON_PORT = 2003
delay = 60
sock = socket()
try:
  sock.connect( (CARBON_SERVER,CARBON_PORT) )
except:
  print "Couldn't connect to %(server)s on port %(port)d, is carbon-agent.py running?" % { 'server':CARBON_SERVER, 'port':CARBON_PORT }
  sys.exit(1)

files = glob.glob('/opt/graphite/storage/import_data/*')

for file in files:
	lines = []
	for line in open(file):
		drtylines = line.rstrip('\n')
		lines.append(drtylines)
		data = '\n'.join(lines) + '\n'
		print "sending message"
		print 80 * '-'
		print data
		sock.sendall(data)

I'll mark this as resolved...but a new problem is introduced -- will
research further first.  I can import 300k records, logs indicate that
it creates data points, but actual graph is incomplete, often only a
"window" of time actually graphed.

Much appreciated for all your help!