[Question #184643]: rrd graphs not showing up when directory name has dots in it

Hi,

I'm trying to display rrd graphs created by pnp4nagios in Graphite 0.9.9

I have created an nfs mount on my graphite server and symlinked that mount into my /opt/graphite/storage/rrd/ folder
Only directories without dots (.) in their name show up in the Graphite browser.
And I can create graphs correctly for these hosts.

Directories that have a fqdn as their name don't show up.

As most of the hosts I keep performance data for with pnp4nagios are defined with their FQDN in nagios, this is a bit of a problem.

I guess I could rename all my hostobjects in nagios, but I was wondering if there is a workaround for this issue.

I tried to compose a graph url  using double quotes around the target and url encode the dots in the name etc. but nothing helped.

here's an example url I was hoping would work and it's corresponding filepath:

http://graphite.example.com/render/?width=500&height=300&target=php-apps.example.com.CPU_Load.CpuIoWait

/opt/graphite/storage/rrd/pnp4nagios/php-apps.example.com/CPU_Load.rrd

many thanks in advance.
kind regards, Paul