Re: [Question #186507]: Restrict access to graphite

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
1. Not really. There's a whitelist function, but if the 'bullshit' data
matches the whitelist, it'll get in.

2. No, using apache is the recommended way.

3. No.

4. No.

It sounds like the best bet for you is to make graphite unavailable to
everyone except yourself, then wget/curl sets of  graph images, host
them on a second apache server, and not let anyone into the graphite
interface directly.

Graphite was not designed with security in mind, it was aimed at an open
enterprise environment where business units didn't have to hide data
from other business units.

-Nick