[Question #187494]: Installing/Integrating into an existing Django site

We have an existing Django site with a number of apps, I've been asked to make Graphite one of those apps.

Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?  Does anyone happen to have notes/high-level overview on this installation/migration/implementation?

FWIW, I'm standing this up on Django 1.3.1, Python 2.4.3 using MySQL and AD Auth.  NOT using the default Django admin site.

Looks like by default Graphite uses SQLlite3, but that's not included in Python 2.4 and I can't install SQLlite2.  I'm not familiar enough with Django auth to know what it'll mean installing Django against an existing site/auth architecture.  So I'm not sure what it'll mean when I run 'python manage.py syncdb' in my graphite app folder.

I have an existing 0.9.9 install on a dev box I stood up for a proof of concept.  So I'm hoping to cp over it's contents.

I'm hoping it's as simple as copying over the contents of /opt/graphite

Update urls.py on my existing site to include the graphite URL's  and settings.py to include the 'INSTALLED_APPS'.

I have two Django admins at work, and I can leverage them after I've taken a good whack at this.

Appreciate any suggestions/guidance/etc.

Thanks!

Barry