Re: [Question #187677]: How do I graph events in Graphite?

cbrinley proposed the following answer:
If i understand your question correctly sounds like you want something on
the graph it's self like a flag or label by the line directly. To my
knowledge this is not currently available. Someone correct me if that has
changed.  There is however the below option which may practically get you
to what your after.
you can change the label in the legend area of the graph via the "alias"
function. so it would look like this in the URL syntax:
&target=alias(drawAsInfinite(events("*")),"out to lunch")

In the UI this function is located under functions > special > "Set Legend
Name"

Hope that helps.