[Question #189149]: Missing data in whisper files

we are pushing svn commit events in our release cycle to graphite with a value of 1 and using draw as infinite special function in the graphs. this has worked fine up to a couple of weeks ago when we noticed the event lines weren't showing in our graphs when going back in time. i queried for the data using the rawData param and and am getting a long list of null values.

the storage schema is thus:
 priority = 100
 pattern = ^prod\.*
 retentions = 1s:7d,5s:2y

the earliest commit that should be showing up happened on the 2/23/2012, well within the 1s retention range, yet when i query the api:

graphite_render_url="http://graphite.bigdoor.com/render";
target = "prod.prj.events.push_out.app"
options = "&rawData=true&format=json"
date_range = "&from=00%3A00_20120223&until=23%3A59_20120228"

rq = graphite_render_url + "?target="
rq += '%s%s%s' % (target, options, date_range)

and parse the results, all the values returned are 0. Thoughts?