[Question #193989]: Unable to install graphite due to pycairo dependecy and compatibility with Python 2.7.3

Good day,

I'm excited in trying out graphite for our NOC monitoring solution. We are currently using CentOS 5.7 x86_64. While configuring the graphite webapp I ran:

python check-dependencies.py

and got:

[FATAL] Unable to import the 'cairo' module, do you have pycairo installed for python 2.7.3?
[FATAL] Unable to import the 'tagging' module, do you have django-tagging installed for python 2.7.3?

I attempted to do an easy_install pycairo, but it bombed out:

[root@MMBWKVAMJ ~]# easy_install pycairo
Searching for pycairo
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pycairo/
Reading http://cairographics.org/pycairo
Best match: pycairo 1.10.0
Downloading http://cairographics.org/releases/pycairo-1.10.0.tar.bz2
Processing pycairo-1.10.0.tar.bz2
error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-2pYOr8/pycairo-1.10.0.tar.bz2

However it did give me the url for the package so I did a wget http://cairographics.org/releases/pycairo-1.10.0.tar.bz2

One of the first steps on installing cairo from its INSTALL file is to do a ./waf configure, however, I get got this when running it:

[root@MMBWKVAMJ pycairo-1.10.0]# ./waf configure
  ./options()
Setting top to                           : /home/kvamj/Downloads/pycairo-1.10.0
Setting out to                           : /home/kvamj/Downloads/pycairo-1.10.0/build_directory
  ./configure()
Checking for 'gcc' (c compiler)          : ok
Checking for program python              : /usr/local/bin/python
Checking for python version              : (2, 7, 3, 'final', 0)
The python version is too old, expecting (3, 1, 0)
(complete log in /home/kvamj/Downloads/pycairo-1.10.0/build_directory/config.log)

Do you know which version of pycairo I can use with Python 2.7.3, and also, you don't happen to have an install package with dependencies and such?

Thanks