[Question #194567]: Simple graph of counters

I am streaming movingAverage:4|c continuosly to graphite using statsd and was expecting this value to rise from 0 to 4 and stay there. But the graph's shape is not a continuous straight line.

The shape is  like this. I am not sure why the value drops to 3.5 or 3.6 sometimes.

I use statsd and the log also shows only movingAverage:4|c always. I am a beginner and might be overlooking something.

Thanks.