[Question #199778]: Graphite 0.9.10 fails to display SVG format when running under mod_wsgi

I recently moved my graphite deployment from the development server to running on mod_wsgi within Apache. Since then the only problem I can find is that format=svg seems to hang, while all other format types render instantly. I've searched my logs and I can't find anything that can be related to this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here's my apache vhost config

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName graphite.....
  ServerAdmin graphite@....
  DocumentRoot /opt/graphite/conf

  WSGIDaemonProcess graphite user=apache group=apache threads=25
  WSGIProcessGroup graphite
  WSGIScriptAlias / /opt/graphite/conf/graphite.wsgi

  <Directory /opt/graphite/www/wsgi-scripts>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>